Here is my quick list of 10 Ways to Relax. Enjoy!
- Self-care. Practice self-care, eat well, get enough rest. You need to know what day of the week it is.
- Be grateful. Find one thing to be grateful for everyday. It can be your health, your family, friends, your dog, food, technology, sunshine – whatever it is, acknowledge it in gratitude. I’m grateful for my family.
- Go on a news diet. Take a break from the news and turn off some of the news alerts – especially if you notice your stress level increasing when you see them. It is ok to just look at pictures of dogs and cats, that is exactly why I joined Instagram.
- Breathe. Inhale. Exhale. Repeat. On purpose. Until it works.
- Exercise. Regular exercise helps to reduce stress and anxiety. Just get your body moving. Hey, I know a great yoga teacher, check out a class!
- Renew. Turn a shower or bath into a mini spa session. You know all those scrubs, masks, oils and lotion samples you have stashed? Go for it. Take a few minutes just for you. Maybe don’t use them all at once.
- Try something new. Remember that thing you always wanted to learn how to do? Try it. Except for cutting your own bangs, seriously.
- Reconnect. Call someone; Facetime, Zoom, Houseparty, Video Chat on Facebook – make time to just talk or listen. It can boost your mood & you may just make someone’s day.
- Find joy. It is okay to be happy, be silly, to have fun. This is your life, enjoy it.
- Make plans. Planning for the future and practicing positive thinking can help you remain optimistic and do the work toward making plans a reality. Hmmm…I’ve always loved Paris in the winter.
For more information on ways to relax, you can read the full article here.
Namaste, my friends.